To be held in Ottawa from November 11 to November 14 in Ottawa, the IEEE Global Conference on Signal and Information Processing (GlobalSIP) seeks, through this call for symposium papers, original unpublished papers on Non-Orthogonal Multiple Access (NOMA).
Non-orthogonal Multiple Access (NOMA) technologies provide a trade-off between network data rate and individual user data rate. NOMA establishes communication of multiple users in the same time/frequency resource block by superimposing the signals intended for different users on top of each other in downlink, or by allowing multiple users to communicate simultaneously with different powers and/or different codes in the uplink. NOMA appears to be a promising technology which can deliver on the 5G network promises including, delivering ultra-high date rate, ensuring ultra-reliable low latency communication, and facilitating a massive number of machine type communications. With the volume of research that is currently being conducted in the area of NOMA, GlobalSIP appears to be the right venue where the progress on the signal processing aspects of this technology can be reported to the research community.
This symposium will accept papers from within the area of NOMA, including but not limited to:
- Resource Allocation for NOMA
- Downlink NOMA
- Uplink NOMA
- Cognitive Radio NOMA
- Single Input Single Output NOMA
- Multiple Input Multiple Output NOMA
- User Pairing and User Clustering NOMA
- Single-Carrier vs Multi-Carrier MIMO
- Robust Signal Processing for NOMA
- Synchronous vs Asynchronous NOMA
- Dynamic NOMA
- Power Domain NOMA
- Code Domain NOMA
- Sparse Code Multiple Access NOMA
- Space Division Multiple Access
- Pattern Division Multiple Access
- Low Density Code Decision Multiple Access
- Low Density Orthogonal Frequency Multiplexing
- Cooperative NOMA
- Low complexity receivers and detection algorithms for NOMA
- Compressive sensing for massive access
- Machine learning for massive access
The number of pages in each submission is limited to 5 pages, with the 5th page can contain only references. The format of the submission must be in the format of ICASSP submissions. The submission deadline is Jun 3, 2019 and decisions will be announced on July 1, 2019.
Any changes to these dates, and further details on the submission procedure is available at http://2019.ieeeglobalsip.org.
- June 27, 2019: Paper submission due
- July 15, 2019: Notification of Acceptance
- August 15, 2019: Camera-ready papers due
For inquiries please contact the Symposium Chairs:
- General Chairs: Shahram Shahbazpanahi (OnTechU), Zheng Ma (KTH, Sweden), Dr. Octavia Dobre (Memorial University)
- Technical Program Chairs: Wen Chen (Shanghai Jiaotong U), Zhiguo Ding (Manchester U), Yan Chen (Huawei), Gang Liu (Southwest Jiaotong U)